3.29.2012

Workday: Makeshift Peplum

I snagged this top at an Ann Taylor sale several months back and I found it still hanging in my closet with the tags on it.  After staring at it for 30 minutes, it occured to me that it had a peplum shape, one of the hottest trends this season.  I haven't fully committed to the peplum trend quite yet because I'm just not sure my body type will benefit from extra fabric in that particular area.  What do you guys think about it?  Has anyone tried it?  I think it looks absolutely gorgeous on a long and lean silhoette but for those of us who ate a full mini cheesecake for lunch who miss a workout every now and again, I'm not sure it's a great fit.


 










Top: Ann Taylor (old, but similar look w/o the peplum here for 19.88, then take addt'l 30% off all sale items today!
Trousers: Ann Taylor (old, but similar here for less than I paid for mine!)
Necklace: Thrifted, but I love this one at less than $30!
Glasses: Prada (this season's hot style here)
Bracelets: Juicy Couture, H&M
Heels: Banana Republic Mad Men Collection

xoxo,
sarah



3 comments:

  1. the bag and glasses are incredible!! you look amazing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I never look this good — especially on a regular weekday! Haha. Love the bright blue pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah! Such a cute look! I adore that necklace. I haven't tried a peplum top either for fear that it might not look right on my body- so I share the same feelings you have.

    Thanks so much for your amazingly sweet comment. I so appreciate it. You have a lovely blog and fabulous style! I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete