3.30.2012

Thrift of the Week & Sneak Peek: Valentino Silk Skirt

Hey guys!  I'm trying to be consistent with my "Thrift of the Week" posts since thrifting is such a huge part of my wardrobe, plus, it's on of my favorite things to do.  I thought it would be fun to do a little sneakity peek of how I wore it in advance of the styled post.

I found this skirt in the dead of winter but wasn't able to wear it until now. It's gorgeous winter white and not terribly forgiving, but I took a chance anyway.  It came with a huge stain on the rear, by split, but I soaked it in warm water and soap and that came right out.  I styled it for a warm and casual day at the office, but it can certainly go straight to night with something edgier.

When I find something like this, I always try to research the label and find out as much as I can about the era from which it came.  I cannot find any information about this particular label and from best guess is that it was made in the late 50's or early 60's before Valentino designed his famous V logo.  I made be totally off, but who cares.  All that matters is that it's gorgeous!  If you haven't seen the Valentino: The Last Emperor, and you love fashion, you definitely should take an evening to watch it.  It's absolutely fascinating and goes deep into the work and craftsmanship that the seamstresses put into his pieces.  


Hope ya'll had a great month's end!  I am looking forward to some R&R this weekend.

xx,
sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment