7.12.2012

Color Consultation: Teal Pants

Jewel tones are all taking over the pre-fall collections, so when one of my besties, Jessica, texted today for advice on teal colored wide leg pants, I jumped right on it.  I love, love, love the chic '70's glam silhouette that wide leg pants give, but proportion is definitely key to the look. 

Jessica is a tall drink of water with long legs and will look like a Victoria's Secret model in this style of pant, but not all of us pull from such a perfect Polish gene pool.  Don't fret, though. Wide leg, pants look great on us short chicks, too, as long as they are a little high waisted and we put on our big girl shoes.  I feel like I'm six feet tall when I wear mine, plus they make such an easy day to night transition.  The best part about Jess' so-called debacle is that she only spent $20 on her pants from Anthro via Buffalo Exchange.  Love it!

Here are a few looks that I think work for everyone, regardless of your body type.

Top: Old Navy
Glasses: WarbyParker
Cuff: Tory Burch
Bag: Valentino
Blazer (amazing!): Dorothy Perkins
Heels: Nine West $59.99!
Top Mara Hoffman 
Bag: Cleobella 
Bracelets: Macy's
Belt: Valentino Roma
Hat: Ana
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Pants: Roksanda Ilincic




Rings: Asos
Belt: Asos
Watch:  Michael Kors 
Top: Mossimo 
Earrings: Vince Camuto 
Wedge: YSL
Pants: Roksanda Ilincic




Hope these boards give you a little inspiration!


xoxo,
sarah











1 comment:

  1. I love you for this, well amongst many other reasons! You're styling is ridiculously perfect.

    ReplyDelete