3.13.2011

Everything's waiting for you..... Downtown!

Though we've lived in McKinney, nearly five years, I've never spent an entire day to exploring the downtown square.  The weather was absolutely glorious yesterday, so Mom and I decided to dedicate the entire day to digging through the numerous antique stores on the square.




There are lots of antique shops, design stores, art galleries, restaurants, pubs.... just about anything you can imagine.  Prepare for tons of pics.  These were a few of my favorite things:

These Moroccan lanterns were stunning.  The photos don't do them justice because of the light, but I thought they were absolutely gorgeous.  I would love to have them hanging in an outside space, under an arbor.  This particular shop, called Another Time and Place, had endless amounts of kilms, pashminas, and other textiles that were pretty just stacked on the floor.  I know where my next rug purchase will be!


We saw chandeliers galore!  In nearly every shop hangs some type of gorgeous fixture.  My favorite was the second one, with the blue and white porcelain.  I'd never seen one of these and may just have to have it.

Lots of this type of art, which I certainly have a weakness for.  The first one just makes me melt and may just be a little inspiration for a DIY.  Would be so cute in a nursery.





These were all little odds and ends that I thought were adorable.  The first few photos are from a shop called Smitten that is my absolute favorite on the square.  All very vintage and country.  The teacups and the owl were from the antique mall and the suzani table runner was so thick and beautiful.  The very best thing I saw, though, was the pink cuff link box full of men's vintage cuff links.  I wanted to buy every single pair!


I almost fell out in the floor when we walked into Gather by Karen Klassen, an upscale tea room, design shop, and event hall.  There wasn't a single thing in this space that wasn't just drop dead.  The way the original exposed brick flows with the decor is perfect.




Despite the fact that the cupcake store was closed by the time we were finished, we had a perfect day in the square.  I'll show you how we're making up for that tomorrow.  Thanks for bearing with me through my absense from the blog.  Hopefully, I will have some really exciting news to share soon :)

Hope you enjoyed your weekend!

xoxo,

sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment