1.09.2011

Comfort

It looks like the winter weather affecting the rest of the country has finally arrived here at White Owl Drive and I couldn't be more thrilled.  I LOVE SNOW!  I think it's beautiful and magical and I love the way it looks dusting everything outdoors. Definitely one of my life's little pleasures.









After the hound and I ran around in the back yard for a few minutes, we came back in to make lunch.  Cold weather always puts me in the mood to cook and today was the perfect day for homemade Chicken and Rice Soup.  I'm not one to toot my own horn, but damn! was it delicious.  I've included the recipe below in case you get a hankerin'...



Sarah's Easy Chicken & Rice Soup

Ingredients
1 can organic chicken broth
1 family size can of Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
2 cups skim milk
2 cups water
3 cooked, shredded chicken breasts
4 celery stalks, sliced
1 bag carrot chips
1 small can mushrooms
2 packages of instant wild rice or whole grain rice
2 tablespoons ground pepper
1 tablespoon garlic
1 teaspoon basil
1 tablespoon low sodium Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce

Directions
Combine everything above in a large pot, boil on medium for 25 minutes.  Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 35 minutes. Serves 6 to 8.

I'm full, the kitchen is clean, and I'm settled in on the couch.  Hope you enjoy your Sunday :)

xoxo,

sarah

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe it is snowing in Texas!! Yum the homemade soup looks delish!

    ReplyDelete