12.03.2013

The One Thing

Hi loves!  I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday and got some much needed R&R.  We traveled all day long yesterday to get back from USVI and today is definitely going to present a challenge, simply getting back into the swing of things.  I really feel like I've been on another planet for the past 7 days. The good news is that we have another holiday right around the corner!  

So, as you can see, I partook in Cyber Monday, but not in the usual sense.  Since I had an entire day in flight and laying over, I was able to work on the rebranding that I told you about in my last post.  What do you think of the new WorkdayWeekend??  I'm super stoked about the new, fresh look and really can't believe I waited this long to do it!  It's not 100% complete, but it's already worlds better than it was to begin with.  I researched several different options including several custom designs and ended up with this semi-custom design from 17th Avenue.  Kate makes everything so simple, from the design itself to easy-peasy installation, which is so important for a tech dummy like me.  It was extremely cost effective (custom designs can get into the thousands) and actually came in much less than I had originally budgeted for.  Y'all know how I like a bargain!

Back to Black Friday and Cyber Monday - did you guys find any great deals?  Since I was out of town I hit the J.Crew sale before I left and got some cute things, but other than that I generally don't partake in the madness.  I am a thoughtful shopper.  I like to take my time to look, touch, and try on.  I go to stores on Tuesday afternoon at 2:30pm just so I have some peace and quiet, so the sheer panic and bustle of Black Friday makes me want to take a handful of Xanax.  Not my cup of tea.  There is always The One Thing every year that people go absolutely bat shit crazy over and lose all sense of normalcy to obtain.  In the spirit of The One Thing, I got to thinking about a great gift that everyone would love, is still stylish, transcends genders and  ages, and is easily accessible to just about everyone.  Gorgeous plaid scarves have been popping up on every blog from here to Timbuktu and are all over Pinterest and I am just as smitten as the next girl.  Whether it's for your boo, your mom, or your co-worker, a plaid scarf is just the ticket.  Here are a few of my favorite looks:





Style Secret: Look in the men's section for a great size and rich tones!




No comments:

Post a Comment