12.08.2013

Brrrrr

Well, it seems that the Great Dallas Ice Storm of 2013 is coming to a close, thank the Lord.  I'm sure that it will be something most Dallasites won't soon forget, recounting the tales of fallen trees and the lack of electricity for nearly 24 hours.  It was armageddon, y'all. When you live in a climate that rarely sees cold temperatures or weather of any kind, the world stops and people lose their damn minds at the mention of "freezing rain". It's actually pretty entertaining.  We passed the time by drinking screwdrivers and playing Trivial Pursuit with friends up the street, so it wasn't half bad.  

I did take a few minutes to get out and take some pics before all the ice melted in my new duds from Old Navy.  I all but threatened the life of the store manager after he refused to take this Heart and Soul sweatshirt down off the mannequin.  After begging and pleading, I waited until he went outside for his smoke break and then scaled the window scene to pull it off the form.  I apologize to the poor "lady" I left shirtless in the window for all of Dallas to see.  I was so pleased with myself that I waived this puppy like a flag as I ran past the manager on the way to my car.  I may need to lay low and shop online for a few months...





Sweatshirt: Old Navy  |  Blouse: Mossimo via Target (old)  |  Leggings: Old Navy  |  Beanie: Xhilaration (old)
Gloves: Old Navy  |  Boots: Hunter On SUPER Sale  |  Jacket: J.Crew Factory (in store only)




xoxo,
sarah

6 comments:

  1. Wasn't that ice storm crazy?? I took advantage of the pretty scenery and took several outfit photos!! Your story is hilarious! Good for you, getting what you want. :) Loving your pretty colors in this outfit!
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Meredith! OMG, it was so ridiculous and still is. The only thing worse than ice in Dallas is traffic during this type of weather. Hopefully you live outside of the loop, but I can't get anywhere within an hour. Glad to hear you took advantage of the scenery. can't wait to see your new posts!

      xoxo,

      sarah

      Delete
  2. Hi Sarah. I have this same sweatshirt and I love how you styled it with pops of bright colors. It looks great! Thanks for the outfit inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thanks for stopping by :) This sweatshirt is super cute. I have worn it about 37 times since I got it.

      xoxo,
      sarah

      Delete
  3. Bringing out brights during the winter is all too important. LOVE this look. Visiting from the Friday Fancies Link up!

    xo, tasha
    twenty-something blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tasha! Thanks for stopping over from Friday's Fancies! Looking forward to checking out your blog. xoxo - Sarah

      Delete