11.07.2012

Bank or bargain?

When the crisp weather take over Texas in the last months of the year, I rejoice because I get to break into my blazer arsenal.  I'm a sucker for a blazer, kids.  It's pathetic.  I pick them up everywhere I go.  I just love the tailored look they bring to any outfit and are great for the office, date night, or running errands.  It's like you don't have to make any effort as long as you are wearing a chic blazer and pretty lipstick.  

I had been eyeing the J.Crew Tipped Hacking Jacket in Double Serge Wool and had almost talked myself into it's $298 pricetag when my bestie pointed out a fabulous alternative at Target, the Merona Women's Tailored Blazer w/ Binding.  It's not the same quality, obviously, but it has a ton of detail for a $35 jacket.  I love the pop of fuschia under the lapel and the seek sucker printed lining is adorable when the sleeves are popped.  I also bought it in Blackwatch plaid and can't wait to show that one off!  God, I go crazy for a deal!








Blazer: Target
Denim: The Limited (old)
Bag: LV (ret.)
Bracelets: J.Crew, Banana Republic Outlet (in stores), Kate Spade, F21, vintage Hermes


Did y'all notice that I got my hair did?  First time in eight months. Thought I'd freshen things up a bit!








4 comments:

  1. This blazer is gorgeous. I love a good blazer. It is such a classic look. I also love your necklaces! And yeah for a fresh hair do!! It's one of the best feelings :)
    Meredith
    createthatoutfit.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding! I felt like my hair had reached the color of dirty dish water... Thank God that ombre' look is in :/

      xx-
      sarah

      Delete
  2. Love this outfit! My blazer collection could use a bit of a boost, but I'm always hesitant to spend a bunch of money on one - what if I don't wear it? I clearly need to check Target for the perfect compromise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I am over every single one after a few wears, so it was getting tough to legitimize the J.Crew... These are warm, tailored, and very detailed. I may switch the buttons out, but that's it. They are great!

      xx-
      sarah

      Delete