1.25.2012

Battle of the Bags

My sweet friend, Paulina, messaged me a few days ago and she was in quite the fashion quandary: which bag do I choose?  A major decision in any girls life, Paulina didn't make hers any easier by choosing two super cute clutches that were equally stunning.


Tory Burch - Robinson Envelope Clutch

VS

Rebecca Minkoff : M.A.C. (Morning After Clutch)

Both are sick, right?  Love 'em.  At first glance, I would probably choose the Tory just because it's simple and I like to wear bold prints, colors, and accessories.  I tend to go lean toward a more simple bag for that reason, but after careful consideration, here is what Paulina and I determined:

Price: The Tory bag is $375 vs. $295 for the M.A.C.

Functionality: You definitely get what you see with the Envelope.  It's undeniably chic and simple, but I'm not sure it can go from night to day without another bag in the mix to hold all the other crap we drag around.  Because it's so flat, there isn't room for much other than your cell and lip gloss.  The M.A.C. can also easily go from day to night, but with a bonus.  The chain can be completely removed, doubled, or singled so you can wear it as a true clutch, cross body, or on the shoulder.  I almost nixed it immediately because I don't realize the chain could be removed (I hate having to stuff a heavy chain in my bag to make it a clutch).  Additionally, the M.A.C. can handle more items on the interior, so whether you are doing the walk of shame or downsizing between work and happy hour, this is a better option for sure.




Look & Material: both bags are made of quality leather and the M.A.C. has heavy duty gold hardware.  Patent is a little more difficult to care for, in my opinion, especially when it's a lighter color.  If I look at everything I have that's a bone colored patent (shoes, mostly), there is at least one big black scuff on them somewhere.  Although the Tory bag isn't something that I would through around, I would be a little paranoid about getting it dirty or scuffed.  Obviously, since the M.A.C. is black, it's going to be less prone to dirt and grime. 

Verdict: although both bags are gorgeous, I think you get more bang for your buck with the M.A.C.  It definitely has more styling options and is more versatile going from day to night.  Paulina and I also decided that if we were going to spend $400 on a night clutch, we'd much rather spend an extra $100 and snag the YSL Belle De Jour.  It's actually wider in the spine and can handle more contents. 

WINNER: Rebecca Minkoff M.A.C.! Get it here!


xoxo,
sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment